Saturday, May 16, 2009

Into the Looking Glass

The past year has been a year of self reflection... Looking at my reflection and trying to make sense of it all. It is my personal belief that life is about becoming more like Christ. It's about a relationship with God and our relationships with those He has placed in our lives.

Recently I discovered that I am too hard on myself. My mistakes and insecurities way heavily on my heart. A couple months ago, someone said something that helped lift the burden... "The rules outlined in the Bible are not rules... they're a guideline for how we should live our lives. God knows our sinful nature and expects us to make mistakes."

So many times we look to people for self assurance, acceptance and understanding. I cannot tell you how many times I have fallen into that and been let down. If only I had listened to God instead of being the ruler of my own life. Because the truth is, it's not about me, it's about Him... and I'm ready to give my life to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment