Saturday, May 16, 2009

Memphis In May

Okay, so maybe I've bashed my hometown a couple times in the past. But that doesn't mean I don't love my city. From what I've observed, most Memphians have developed a love/hate relationship with the city. Although it has its' faults, Memphis is home.

After graduating college and moving back to Memphis from Fort Worth, I began to develop hometown pride. I found myself with a bad case of Tiger Fever and mixed emotions over the departure of Coach Cal (this coming from a girl whose never considered herself a big sports fan). It's amazing how one basketball team can bring an entire city together. I have begun to appreciate the uniqueness of Midtown, the quaintness of the burbs, and the fact that Memphis has a lot of potential.

Contrary to popular belief, there is a lot to do here... especially in May. This year was my first year to participate in Memphis in May. After attending both Music and BBQ Fest, I'm starting to feel like a true Memphian. Music and BBQ are two of the things Memphis is known for, and music/BBQ/good friends is how I'll remember this month.

http://www.memphisinmay.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment